Assembly Supervisor, Custom Line - Norcross, GA
Manage day-to day plant floor operations of the Custom Line assembly process. Ensure that daily production goals are met while maintaining required product quality. Monitor and maintain assembly personnel productivity, schedules, tasks, and training levels
- Participate in the hiring/training/promotion/discipline and/or discharge of direct subordinates within the scope of responsibility
- Maintain real-time situational awareness of plant floor assembly operations
- Participate in daily production meetings to help define production schedule and goals
- Assign and direct daily work to assembly team as required to meet production schedule and goals
- Ensure personnel compliance with company general and assembly-specific procedures and processes
- Ensure assembly personnel maintain their respective work areas with regards to safety, cleanliness, and company standards
- Maintain and conduct assembly personnel training & cross-training
- Actively develop and implement continuous improvements to assembly areas & processes
- Work with Product and Production Engineering to solve current issues and implement new product and/or processes
- Participates in the selection and use of resources (materials, tools, equipment) required for effective operations
- Monitor and schedule the maintenance & repair of assembly production tools and equipment to ensure safe and efficient operations
- May perform line work, as needed, to ensure production requirements are met
- Drive key Production KPI’s including Safety, Quality, Productivity, and on time delivery.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have 5-7 years Supervisory experience in a manufacturing/assembly environment
- Prefer experience and/or training with IC engines
- Microsoft Outlook
- SAP or other ERP experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with industrial engines and components
- Knowledge of and experience with industrial engine assembly and testing
- Knowledge of and experience in manufacturing environments
- Knowledge of and experience with lean manufacturing concepts and methods
Physical and Environmental Elements:
- Continuous exposure to typical engine manufacturing environments.
- Warehouse and dynamometer room environment. Subject to noise, dust, diesel fuel, oil. No A/C.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other duties requested by the supervisor or manager.
This job description does not imply a written or oral contract.
To apply please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job opening you are applying to in the subject line.
3883 Steve Reynolds Blvd.
Norcross, GA 30093
C/O HR and Administration Dept.
Fax: (770) 564-7276
Tel: (770) 564-7100