District Sales Manager - Chicago, IL
Responsible for managing all aspects of DEUTZ Power Centers new industrial engine sales for the Great Lakes area.
- Promote, sell and manage DEUTZ Diesel engines product line for assigned territory.
- Oversee all aspects of direct engine O.E.M. dealer and end-user sales.
- Generate new business through networking and cold calling efforts.
- Supply service, parts and warranty information to customers.
- Maintain regulatory and technical information for distribution to O.E.M. and dealers.
- Provides market information to DEUTZ Corporation.
- Perform quotes, weekly / monthly activity reports, follow-up reports and documentation required to effectively monitor sales activities.
- Identifies, researches, and contacts prospective customers and builds positive relationships that will generate immediate & future sales with focus on repeat business.
- Effectively communicate territory goals, growth goals and target accounts to executive team and co-workers.
- Negotiate purchasing terms, contracts and vendor sales agreements.
- Assess and document customer feedback for quality assurance and risk management purposes.
- Confer with marketing and sales division to establish pricing schedules.
- Advise end-users and dealers on policies and operating procedures.
- Identify & close Xchange sales (DEUTZ remanufactured parts and products) opportunities at OEMs and end users.
- Perform product demonstrations.
- Promote product lines by attending industry events and expositions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extensive sales experience in the industrial engines off-highway market.
- Must be able to promote and sell to OEMs, Dealer Network and end-users.
- Experienced in customer/ market requirements.
- 3 plus years’ experience in working with distributors in the engine or related business.
- Must be able to travel to territory sites as required.
- College degree or equivalent experience necessary.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well with customers and in-house sales and Application Engineer.
- Knowledge of the off-highway engine market and their applications.
- Strong ability to influence and communicate at all levels.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, be insurable by the company and can operate a company vehicle inaccordance with all state and federal laws, company polices and guidelines
Physical and Environmental Elements:
- Occasional exposure to exhaust emissions and loud noises as determined by nature and frequency of engine evaluation.
- Standard PPEs as facility requires- Steel Toe Shoes, Safety Glasses, earplugs where required.
- Follow company COVID PPE requirements as stated by DEUTZ COVID Policy.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other duties requested by the supervisor or manager. This job description does not imply a written or oral contract.
DEUTZ Corporation3883 Steve Reynolds Blvd.
Norcross, GA 30093
C/O HR and Administration Dept.
Fax: (770) 564-7276
Tel: (770) 564-7100