Emissions Compliance Engineer - Norcross, GA
Responsible for assisting with engine exhaust emissions related compliance activities for DEUTZ Corporation.
- Responsible for compiling, submitting and following up on applications for engine emission certification and compliance reports into EPA (Environmental Protection Agency), CARB (California Air Resources Board), MSHA (Mine Safety and Health Administration) and EC (Environment Canada).
- Develop new company wide procedures and workflows to comply with the latest regulatory EPA/CARB/MSHA/EC provisions.
- Provides support in monitoring developments in the area of engine exhaust emission regulations and communicating relevant information to the DEUTZ organization.
- Provide support to DEUTZ customers with global regulatory and emissions compliance matters.
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Knowledge and/or practical experience in the field of diesel and gas (gasoline/Natural Gas/LPG) engine development including combustion, exhaust emissions and after-treatment technologies
- Knowledge in physical and chemical reactions in engine combustion and progression of exhaust emissions
- Understanding of exhaust gas measurement equipment instrumentation or measurement principals is advantageous
- Familiar with internal combustion (IC) engine regulatory environment (Non-road/off-highway preferred, on-road/on-highway acceptable)
- Excellent mathematical and analytical problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to simplify and present governmental regulatory and technical language to large audiences
- SAP knowledge is a plus
Physical and Environmental Elements:
- Limited travel
- Exposure to mechanical workshop, manufacturing warehouse and engine dynamometer environment
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and to perform additional duties requested by the supervisor or manager.
This job description does not imply a written or oral contract.
3883 Steve Reynolds Blvd.
Norcross, GA 30093
C/O HR and Administration Dept.
Fax: (770) 564-7276
Tel: (770) 564-7100