Facility Maintenance Technician - Pendergrass, GA
Maintain facility and machines in proper working condition. This includes building/facility, equipment and machinery, building lighting systems, CNC machines, production line equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on plant equipment.
- Troubleshoot, service and maintain shop equipment, including cleaning equipment, machine tools, power tools, hand tools, etc.
- Make improvements to equipment or processes as needed.
- Design and fabricate tooling and fixtures as needed using machine tools and welding equipment.
- Manage and order spare parts for equipment.
- Assist in the establishment of shop floor procedures.
- Arrange for and manage appropriate third-party contractor support as needed.
- Manage the preventative maintenance system based on equipment manufacturer's recommendations.
- Maintain facility maintenance area and tool room.
- Makes general repairs to building as necessary.
- Assures that heating and air-conditioning equipment is maintained in good operating condition. Calls for repairs as needed.
- Enforce sound safety and housekeeping practices.
- Support the Facilities Manager with Pendergrass and Norcross building facility maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge of Electrical and PLCs
- Knowledge of 480 volt 3-phase power.
- Knowledge of control circuits, relays and motor starters.
- Knowledge of motors, pumps and gas burners.
- Knowledge of plumbing, welding and general steel fabrication.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate pneumatics and compressors.
- Operation of basic machine tools (lathe, mill, press, etc.).
- Welding (MIG, TiG, Gas).
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Basic PC skills (MS Windows, Word, Excel).
- Forklift operation.
- Self motivated individual with ability to work well with little or no supervision.
- Ability to travel locally to provide maintenance support to Production Operations and Facilities Manager at Norcross location
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
Physical and Environmental Elements:
- Workshop/Warehouse environment- working with and around equipment such as overhead cranes and forklifts to lift and move heavy items.
- Workshop environment- exposure to chemicals such as solvents, oils, sealants and paints.
- Workshop environment- frequent exposure to workshop noise such as running engines, compressed air, air tools and other equipment.
- Warehouse environment- no HVAC. Extreme temperatures seasonally. Manual ventilation with industrial fans
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other duties requested by the supervisor or manager.
This job description does not imply a written or oral contract.
To apply please submit your resume to email@example.com with “Facility Maintenance Technician - Pendergrass” in the subject line.
3883 Steve Reynolds Blvd.
Norcross, GA 30093
C/O HR and Administration Dept.
Fax: (770) 564-7276
Tel: (770) 564-7100