Failure Analysis Supervisor - Norcross, GA
Responsible for the development, maintenance, and implementation of parts inspection process at DCA. Position will track, inspect, and write reports on parts as well as provide reporting to the Quality and Technical service team. Position is also responsible for process documentation and improvements while working with DEUTZ AG counterparts for process alignment. Position will be responsible for scheduling and effectiveness of the Failure Analysis staff.
• Management of Failure Analysis team members.
• Ability to work independently, with limited required direction or guidance
• Developing testing methods for component analysis in alignment with subject matter experts
• Creating documentation as required related to the testing and analysis function of the laboratory operations.
• Ensuring coordination and alignment with all Technical service and Quality managers on priority of Laboratory operations.
• Ensure Failure Analysis is equipped with proper tools, gages, etc.
• Monitor and Measure throughput of Failure Analysis with regards to defective called back parts.
• Develop and implement department KPIs.
• Provide support interpreting prints and defining best practices for analyzing parts.
• Required to inspect and function test parts to decide failure.
• Analyze cause of failures to decide merit of warranty claims and prepare failure analysis reports.
• Work in the DEUTZ Ticket system to track issues found from inspections.
• Documenting processes in the department
• Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or 5 years’ experience in related field.
- Practical experience in the field of Reliability analysis
- GD&T, ANSI/SAE/DIN Standard Interpretation
- Failure Analysis, Materials Testing
- 4 years Laboratory Management background (preferred)
- 3 years Manufacturing background (Industrial or automotive) (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Prioritization and time management
- Excellent Computer skills (MS Office); SAP R/3 experience (preferred)
Physical and Environmental Elements:
- Discrete exposure to typical engine manufacturing environments.
- Exposure to manufacturing assembly line and formal office environment. No A/C in manufacturing area.
- International travel – less than 10%
- Travel between DCA facilities
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other duties requested by the supervisor or manager. This job description does not imply a written or oral contract.