Field Service Technician (TIV) – Philadelphia, PA
The Field Service Technician is responsible for performing field related preventative/routine repairs on Generator and DEUTZ related equipment within the assigned DEUTZ Power Center region. The individual in this position should be personable, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, intelligent, and able to adapt to all the forces around them - customers, suppliers, colleagues, and manufacturers’ employees.
- Ability to travel to customer(s) locations to perform engine and generator related repairs.
- Perform scheduled service and troubleshooting tasks on customer’s equipment and trailers.
- Assist in resolving customer related issues in a timely matter.
- Must be willing to travel and work overtime as needed
- Plan methods and sequence of performing repairs assigned.
- Pre-Order all parts/ materials required to perform assigned repairs and maintain truck inventory.
- Effect the repairs required in a safe and effective manner.
- Ensure all repairs are completed as assigned and according to manufacturer requirements, proper cosmetic appearance upon completion of repairs, and unused parts and materials are returned per DEUTZ Power Center return parts guidelines.
- Maintain the work area in a clean and safe condition.
- All communications with customers are conducted in a manner reflecting respect and honesty.
- All failures identified are matched to solutions necessary to affect a repair.
- Complete all work orders and time sheets in a timely manner.
- Consult, when necessary, with DEUTZ Service Department ticket system to ensure accuracy and approval of repairs.
- Perform all work in accordance with all established policies and procedures.
- Assist in the proper filing of warranty claims and/or customer invoices.
- Follow all DEUTZ employee policies and procedures, especially pertaining to travel and company credit cards.
- Must be able to acquire Security Clearance for high profile customers sites.
- Targeted for $20,000.00-$30,000.00+ per month Invoicing Production.
- Other duties as assigned by branch management personnel.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and /or a minimum of two years Diesel engine experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience as power generator technician and diesel technician preferred.
- Experience in performing maintenance and troubleshooting on power generation, electrical systems / transfer switches, diesel pump sets and diesel engines.
- Accustomed to reading and working with electrical schematics.
- Working knowledge of DEUTZ Diesel engines a Plus.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, be insurable by the company and can operate a company vehicle in accordance with all state and federal laws, company polices and guidelines.
- Excellent communication skill (writing, speaking in person and over the phone).
- Proficient in the use of basic computer functions and portable diagnostic tools.
- Candidate must have own tools. Key DEUTZ tools will be provided.
- Physical and Environmental Elements:
- Ability to lift / carry 40 lbs.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
This job description does not imply a written or oral contract.
3883 Steve Reynolds Blvd.
Norcross, GA 30093
C/O HR and Administration Dept.
Fax: (770) 564-7276
Tel: (770) 564-7100