Machinist - Pendergrass, GA
Perform remanufacturing operations on various engine components, including connecting rods, crankshaft/camshaft polishing and balancing, general machining of various components using manual lathe and mill.
- Operation of lathes, milling machines, specialty connecting rod equipment
- Operation of polishing and balancing equipment
- Confirming orders in SAP
- Assist other machining centers as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with specialized machine shop measuring equipment
- Knowledge of engine components
- Knowledge of hand and power tools
- Experience in general machining practice
- Computer skills
- HS Education or equivalent
- Ability to skillfully operate machine tools
- Ability to enter confirming orders into SAP
- Ability to use specialized machine shop measuring equipment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Physical and Environmental Elements:
- Frequent, brief exposure to typical engine cleaning and manufacturing environments.
- Warehouse and dynamometer room environment. Subject to noise, dust, diesel fuel, oil. No A/C.
- Standard PPEs as facility requires- Steel Toe Shoes, Safety Glasses, earplugs where required.
- Follow company COVID PPE requirements as stated by DEUTZ COVID Policy.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other duties requested by the supervisor or manager.
This job description does not imply a written or oral contract.