Material Planner - Norcross, GA
The Material Planner is responsible for developing, executing, planning and managing continuous delivery of production to guarantee accurate and timely on-hand quantities based on production and lead time parameters. The role will perform complex data analysis to identify optimal value-chain processes and other materials related activities for improvement.
- Plans, implements, and controls the efficient, effective flow and storage of goods, services, and related information from the point of origin to the point of consumption to meet internal customers' requirements.
- Identifies materials and component requirements for production and production specifications and schedules.
- Analyze production schedule and forecast, associated SAP transactions, bills of materials and a variety of other business and technical dimensions to formulate and develop production material plan.
- Will improve material flow while controlling inventory levels through just-in-time delivery and accurate production forecasting.
- Monitors vendor managed inventory.
- Resolve invoice exceptions, track price discrepancies, and coordinate supplier/product lead times.
- Monitor supplier capacity against production orders and forecasts.
- Manages purchase orders / schedules with approved suppliers as necessary.
- Expedites parts as necessary to meet changing production levels.
- Communicate interdepartmentally with respect to lead-time on material or products and manage daily business relationships with approved suppliers.
- Attend daily production meeting and provide status of component shortages.
- Defines and monitors safety stocks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years experience in supply-chain, purchasing, or production.
- Expertise in material requirements planning, production planning, inventory control, and expediting techniques.
- Demonstrated proficiency in scheduling with MRP and production planning systems (i.e. SAP MM, PP).
- Certifications in Supply-chain a plus.
- BA or BS Degree in a Business or Manufacturing related field preferred.
- Ability to learn new systems and procurement / planning knowledge base.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through.
- A high energy, results driven, individual that is process oriented with the ability to implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Willing to “go the extra mile” to support production and launch activities.
- Tolerance for ambiguity and paradox in a fast-paced environment of change.
- Excellent priority management, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to self-start and work without close supervision, understanding what needs to be done and taking the required actions to maintain production.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- SAP experience a plus.
- Multitasking skills a must.
Physical and Environmental Elements:
- Frequent exposure to manufacturing production and formal office environments.
- Occasional travel to other internal locations or suppliers may be required (1-5%).
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other duties requested by the supervisor or manager.
This job description does not imply a written or oral contract.