Mechanical Engineer - Pendergrass, GA
Perform planning and implementation of standards, documentation, and operational methods for component cleaning, inspection, remanufacturing, product assembly, and testing. Assist with development and implementation of lean manufacturing methods.
- Research, create, and maintain production material system master data (SAP)
- Research, create, and maintain production assembly bom documentation (SAP)
- Create and maintain production documentation and instructions
- Research, create, and maintain machining specifications
- Determine acceptance / rejection criteria for exchange parts
- Determine identification criteria and create identification documentation for exchange parts
- Determine technical processes for exchange parts and remanufactured assemblies
- Determine technical resources (tools, equipment, infrastructure) needed to accomplish engine remanufacturing
- Determine, define and document engine test procedures, practices, and acceptance criteria
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical / Industrial engineering
- 4 – 7 years experience in a manufacturing (machining / assembly) environment
- 4 – 7 years experience with and extensive knowledge of IC diesel engines, including control electronics
- Knowledge of and experience with industrial engines and components
- Knowledge of and experience with industrial engine assembly and testing
- Knowledge of and experience with engine component machining operations
- Knowledge of and experience in manufacturing environments
- Knowledge of and experience with lean manufacturing concepts and methods
- Knowledge of and experience with SAP bill-of-material and production routing system
- German language skills are desirable
Physical and Environmental Elements:
- Frequent exposure to typical engine manufacturing and cleaning environments.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds on a frequent basis.
To apply please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please include the job opening you are applying to in the subject line of your email.
3883 Steve Reynolds Blvd.
Norcross, GA 30093
C/O HR and Administration Dept.
Fax: (770) 564-7276
Tel: (770) 564-7100