Operations Quality Technician – Pendergrass, GA
Processing of non-conforming goods, support Production operations processes and perform containment and corrective and preventive measures
- Internal production evaluation
- New product: Design for manufacturing
- Containment and inspection of non-conforming parts
- Collaborate with Incoming inspection lab
- Quality support of the operations processes at the DEUTZ facilities
- Identification of suspect goods
- Processing Non-conforming goods:
- Creating and processing reports in SAP software
- Part evaluation: Metrology, GD&T
- Root Cause analysis
- Applying Quality tools
- Design of Experiments
- Lean 6ỽ Methodology
- 8D reporting and 5-why analysis
- Cross Functional Responsibilities
- Attend Operations meetings to report Quality Risks/Concerns/Activities
- Supporting other cross functional team responsibilities as assigned to represent Quality
- Creating Quality documentation as required
- Other duties as assigned.
- Practical experience in the field of Quality Assurance and its tools and methodology
- Minimum 3 years previous QA background and/or Manufacturing experience in the automotive or similar field
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Good MS Office and Excel Skills
- Ability to work as a team
- Basic understanding of technical drawings
- Ability to use measuring equipment - preferred
- Basic knowledge in Diesel engines – preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
Physical and Environmental Elements:
- Continuous exposure to typical engine manufacturing environments.
- Exposure to manufacturing assembly line and formal office environment. No A/C in manufacturing area.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other duties requested by the supervisor or manager.
This job description does not imply a written or oral contract.
3883 Steve Reynolds Blvd.
Norcross, GA 30093
C/O HR and Administration Dept.
Fax: (770) 564-7276
Tel: (770) 564-7100