Operations Training Program Manager - Pendergrass, GA
Manufacturing Training Process owner of DEUTZ Onboarding/Training for production employees at an apprentice level and all other training programs at production sites. Coordinate all activities required to train new and existing employees on DEUTZ Production System including critical job tasks, assembly techniques, proper tool use, work instructions, material flow, Quality and safety.
Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Process owner for Onboarding/Training process for manufacturing operations employees: Responsible for all activities related to the onboarding/training process, including regular review and necessary adjustments to process structure.
- Act as subject matter expert on Worker Guidance System and the Company’s Onboarding & Learning Module, production system.
- Administer and coordinate overall training program for operations, with a focus on building apprenticeship for new employees using the DEUTZ Online Learning Management (DOLM) administration functionality.
- Host and administer the DEUTZ Learning Manager Meetings and the Production Employee Promotion Meetings, including the learning content requests and change management processes.
- Coordinate and audit senior level production trainers on production lines.
- Audit trainees to ensure that they are maintaining the Company’s standards for quality, safety and productivity. Coordinate retraining as necessary.
- Coordinate cross training of employees by Level 4 trainers and develop plans on necessary cross training for maximum production flexibility.
- Develop, update and maintain key performance indicators and documentation related to the onboarding and training system.
- Must be able to facilitate action for training projects at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Production, Assembly or Quality Assurance role
- Experience in Process management or improvements
- Experience as a Lead or Senior level assembly operator
- Must have some experience training production employees
- Basic Knowledge of industrial engines and components is a plus, or at least complex mechanical/electrical products.
- Knowledge of and experience with Kanban material systems, process improvement, 5S, lean manufacturing, and process mapping.
- Knowledge and experience in industrial quality and safety systems.
- Must be able to lead by example.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office 365 software.
Physical and Environmental Elements:
- Frequent exposure to typical engine manufacturing and cleaning environments.
- Willingness to travel to multiple sites, up to 30% of time
Manufacturing/Warehouse environment. Frequent exposure to typical engine manufacturing and cleaning environments. Subject to noise, dust, diesel fuel, oil, high temperatures in the Summer and low temperatures in the Winter. No HVAC system.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other duties requested by the supervisor or manager.
This job description does not imply a written or oral contract.
To apply please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job opening you are applying to in the subject line.
3883 Steve Reynolds Blvd.
Norcross, GA 30093
C/O HR and Administration Dept.
Fax: (770) 564-7276
Tel: (770) 564-7100