Parts Logistics Specialist – Chicago, IL
Job involves all aspects of warehouse/front and back parts counter operations related to picking, packing, and shipping, receiving, and storing materials as well as all other activities related to maintaining a high quality work environment.
- Receive and process customer parts order.
- Assist walk-in customers with part sales needs
- Must be familiar in all phases of warehouse operations and retail parts selling
- Daily housekeeping of warehouse/retail parts counter and service department parts counter
- Place orders for Engine/Parts stock following SAP guidelines
- Receive and stock freight in hard locations.
- Assemble and stock modification kits.
- Process receiving documents; prepare Bill of Lading / Airway Billing.
- Prepare required paperwork and computer entries within SAP guidelines
- Pick parts/components from stock for production builds
- High School education.
- Familiarity with general warehouse operations.
- Good verbal communication skills and readable handwriting.
- Ability to operate forklift.
- Ability to use PC with SAP.
- Working knowledge of diesel engine parts.
Physical and Environmental Elements:
- Warehouse/office environment- fluctuations in temperature
- Workshop/Warehouse environment- working with and around equipment such as overhead cranes and forklifts to lift and move heavy items.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs. regularly and 50 lbs. occasionally
- Ability to work sitting, standing, bending, or stooping
Job Type: Full-Time, Competitive Pay DOE, Benefits, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with Company Match and PTO.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other duties requested by the supervisor or manager.