Production Processes Engineer - Pendergrass, GA
Assist with planning and implementation of shop floor processes for component cleaning / inspection / remanufacturing, product assembly, and testing. Assist with development and implementation of lean manufacturing methods.
- Create and maintain production documentation
- Determine technical processes for exchange parts and remanufactured assemblies
- Determine technical resources (tools, equipment, infrastructure) needed to accomplish engine remanufacturing
- Research, determine, and implement plant floor layout, material flow, and operational methods.
- Perform time studies to determine optimum processes
- Research, develop & test tooling and fixtures for shop floor processes
- Lead and implement process improvements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required
- Experience in a manufacturing (machining / assembly) environment
- Experience with gas or diesel engines helpful
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black belt desired.
- Experience with AutoCAD systems desired
- Knowledge of and experience with industrial equipment and components
- Knowledge of and experience with industrial equipment assembly and testing
- Knowledge of and experience with industrial component machining operations
- Knowledge of and experience in manufacturing environments, including use of MRP Systems.
- Knowledge of and experience with lean manufacturing concepts and methods
- German language skills are desirable and/or experience working in International Businesses.
Physical and Environmental Elements:
- Frequent, brief exposure to typical engine cleaning and manufacturing environments.
- Standard PPEs as facility requires- Steel Toe Shoes, Safety Glasses, earplugs where required.
- Follow company COVID PPE requirements as stated by DEUTZ COVID Policy.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other duties requested by the supervisor or manager. This job description does not imply a written or oral contract.
3883 Steve Reynolds Blvd.
Norcross, GA 30093
C/O HR and Administration Dept.
Fax: (770) 564-7276
Tel: (770) 564-7100