Service and Parts Administrator - Chicago, IL
Job involves support of service department operations, customer & warranty billing, all aspects of warehousing related to picking, packing, shipping, receiving and storing materials, and all other activities related to maintaining a high-quality work environment.
- Receive and process customer parts order.
- Place orders to DEUTZ for Engine/Parts following SAP guidelines.
- Process receiving documents.
- Prepare Bill of Ladings for shipments.
- Prepare required paperwork and computer entries within SAP guidelines.
- Prepare Service dept invoicing for both customer payment and warranty processing.
- Create and maintain service reports.
- Assist with incoming calls.
- Assist walk-in customers with part sales pick-ups.
- Must be familiar in all phases of warehouse operations and retail parts operation.
- Daily housekeeping of warehouse/retail parts counter and service department parts counter.
- Receive and stock parts shipments.
- Pick parts/components from stock for service, customer, and production orders.
- High School education.
- Familiarity with general warehouse operations.
- Good verbal communication skills and readable handwriting.
- Ability to operate forklift.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Products.
- Knowledge of SAP business operating system a plus
- Working knowledge of internal combustion engines.
- Previous work experience with a HD truck or equipment dealer a plus
Physical and Environmental Elements:
- Warehouse/office environment- fluctuations in temperature
- Workshop/Warehouse environment- working with and around equipment such as overhead cranes and forklifts to lift and move heavy items.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs. regularly and 50 lbs. occasionally
- Ability to work sitting, standing, bending, or stooping
- Standard PPEs as facility requires- Steel Toe Shoes, Safety Glasses, earplugs where required.
- Follow company COVID PPE requirements as stated by DEUTZ COVID Policy.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other duties requested by the supervisor or manager.
3883 Steve Reynolds Blvd.
Norcross, GA 30093
C/O HR and Administration Dept.
Fax: (770) 564-7276
Tel: (770) 564-7100