Service Supervisor - Jacksonville, FL
Supervise and perform repairs, testing and modifications of new and used engines at the Jacksonville DEUTZ Power Center. Supervise Field Technician’s job performance using KPI’s, service software, customer feedback, as well as training performance.
- Manage, schedule, quote and invoice all service jobs
- Supervise Workshop and Field activities.
- Responsible for documentation of Workshop and Field activities.
- Procurement of parts and materials needed for Workshop and Field activities.
- Work directly with Sales department on modifications to new engine packages.
- Perform inspection of damaged engines, communicate required repairs with customers.
- Repair engines damaged by shipping and handling.
- Perform dynamometer testing of engines, as required.
- Perform engine modifications by removing and adding external engine components, as required.
- Supervise assembly and testing of value-added engine packages.
- Work directly with Material Coordinator and Material Planner on requirements for assembly projects.
- Assist with development and continuous improvement of line layout, equipment needs and assembly processes for value add and shop repairs.
- Maintain specialty tooling workshop and field requirements per DEUTZ AG expectations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma.
- Successful completion of all required DEUTZ training classes
- Minimum 3 Years Diesel engine job experience
- 2 years Supervisory experience
- Computer knowledge in (MS Office, Word, Excel) SAP and Field Aware is a plus.
- Must be able to work as a team member and leader.
- Must be able to carry out job description without supervision.
- Must be able to carry out tasks with a maximum degree of quality.
- Knowledge of Diesel engine operating principles.
- Understanding of Diesel engine fuel systems.
- Understanding of 12- and 24-volt electrical systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot engine problems.
- Knowledge and ability to perform engine dynamometer testing.
- Ability to understand and follow detailed assembly procedures.
- Understanding of torque values and special procedures during engine assembly.
- Ability to work with hand and power tools.
- Should be physically able to lift 20 lbs. regularly and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to operate a forklift and overhead crane.
- Ability to manage a territory and handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Report field activities and gather/refine ideas on how to improve DEUTZ products and policies.
- Assist in engine application / installation inspection.
- Train and assist in technical training of personnel at Distributors, Dealers, OEMs, Rental companies, and End Users.
- Handle all administrative issues in a business-like manner, including call reports, itineraries, expense reports, budgets, forecast and request from others for action or information.
- Increase your personal knowledge about our business, our products, our markets and the customers we serve (Increasing your knowledge is an ongoing process).
- Professional product knowledge/financial fundamentals
Physical and Environmental Elements:
- Workshop/Warehouse environnent- Work with and around Equipment (Over-Head cranes, fork lifts, etc.)
- Workshop environment- working around chemicals such as solvents, oils, sealants and paints.
- Workshop environment- working around workshop noise such as running engines, compressed air, air tools and other equipment
- Warehouse environment- ability to withstand fluctuations in temperature
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other duties requested by the supervisor or manager.
This job description does not imply a written or oral contract.
3883 Steve Reynolds Blvd.
Norcross, GA 30093
C/O HR and Administration Dept.
Fax: (770) 564-7276
Tel: (770) 564-7100