Shop Service Technician - Elgin, IL
Service technician(s) will be responsible for performing service- related preventative maintenance and routine repairs on all DEUTZ products and Non-DEUTZ Construction Equipment.
The individual in this position should be personable, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, intelligent, and able to adapt to all the conditions around them - customers, suppliers, department employees, co-workers and manufacturers employees.
- Ability to travel if need be to customer(s) locations to perform engine and equipment related repairs.
- Ability to travel for overnight stay to DEUTZ Corporation Norcross GA for formalized training classes.
- Assist in resolving customer related issues in a timely matter.
- Work with all employees and Service Manager to ensure that the facility is clean, organized and presents a positive image of DEUTZ.
- Plan methods and sequence of performing repairs assigned.
- Pre-Order all parts and materials required to perform assigned repairs.
- Effectively complete all repairs required in a safe and effective manner.
- Ensure all repairs are completed as assigned and according to manufacturer requirements.
- Ensure proper cosmetic appearance upon completion of repairs.
- Ensure all parts and materials not used are returned per DEUTZ Power Center return parts guidelines.
- Maintain the work area in a clean and safe condition.
- All communications with customers are conducted in a manner reflecting respect and honesty.
- All failures identified are matched to solutions necessary to affect a repair.
- Complete all work orders and time sheets in a timely manner.
- Consult, when necessary, with DEUTZ Service Department ticket system to ensure accuracy and approval of repairs.
- Perform all work in accordance with all established policies, procedures and repair guidelines.
- Assist in the proper filing of warranty claims and/or customer invoices.
- Follow all DEUTZ employee policies and procedures, especially pertaining to travel and company credit cards.
- Other duties as assigned by branch management personnel.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and /or a minimum of two years Diesel engine experience. Trade school credited courses will apply with diploma.
- 2-5 years construction equipment repair experience preferred.
- Certification/Training in heavy equipment and/or diesel engine repairs preferred.
- Experience in diagnose, repair of NG/CNG, Tier 3-4 emissions level preferred.
- Working knowledge of DEUTZ Diesel engines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Meet all local/state and company requirements to operate a company assigned service vehicle.
- Excellent communication skill (writing, speaking in person and over the phone).
- Proficient in the use of basic computer functions and portable diagnostic tools.
- Candidate must have own tools. Key DEUTZ tools will be provided.
Physical and Environmental Elements:
- Ability to lift / carry 40 lbs.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other duties requested by the supervisor or manager. This job description does not imply a written or oral contract.
3883 Steve Reynolds Blvd.
Norcross, GA 30093
C/O HR and Administration Dept.
Fax: (770) 564-7276
Tel: (770) 564-7100