Shop Service Technician - North Las Vegas, NV
Shop Service Technician will be responsible for performing preventative and routine repairs on all DEUTZ products, assigned equipment and engine repairs, assembling new engine packages and pre-assemble fitted components in the production shop at the DEUTZ Power Center.
The individual in this position should be personable, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, intelligent and able to adapt to all the forces around them - customers, suppliers, department employees, co-workers and manufacturers employees.
- Ability to perform maintenance related repairs.
- Assist in resolving customer related issues in a timely matter.
- Ability to read follow design drawings
- Assemble engine packages from detailed assembly Bill of Materials
- Assemble engine packages regarding accuracy and quality.
- Install completed packages to shipping skids.
- Maintain production line equipment
- Plan methods and sequence of performing repairs assigned
- Pre-Order all parts and materials required to perform assigned repairs
- Effect the repairs required in a safe and effective manner
- Ensure all repairs are completed as assigned
- Ensure the cosmetic appearance upon completion of repairs or production engine builds.
- Ensure all parts and materials not used are returned per Deutz or OEM return parts guidelines
- Maintain all work areas in a clean and safe condition
- All failures identified are matched to solutions necessary to affect a repair
- Complete all work orders and time sheets in a timely manner
- All communications with customers are conducted in a manner reflecting respect and honesty
- Perform all work in accordance with all established policies and procedures
- Assist in the proper filing of warranty claims and/or customer invoices
- Other duties as assigned by branch management personnel
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and or a minimum of two years Diesel engine experience
- Certification/Training in heavy equipment and/or diesel engine repairs preferred
- Working knowledge of DEUTZ Diesel engines.
- Strong working knowledge of industrial equipment repairs
- Strong working knowledge of electrical circuits and how to troubleshoot them.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skill (writing, speaking in person and over the phone)
- Proficient in the use of basic computer functions and portable diagnostic tools
- Candidate must have own tools
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, be insurable by the company and can operate a company vehicle in accordance with all state and federal laws, company polices and guidelines.
Physical and Environmental Elements:
- Must be able to carry out repetitive tasks with a maximum degree of quality.
- Should be physically able to lift 20 lbs regularly and up to 50 lbs occasionally.
- Ability to operate a forklift and overhead crane.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Standard PPEs as facility requires- Steel Toe Shoes, Safety Glasses, earplugs where required
- Follow company COVID PPE requirements as stated by DEUTZ COVID Policy
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other duties requested by the supervisor or manager. This job description does not imply a written or oral contract.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter (optional) to: firstname.lastname@example.org