Shop Service Technician - Rock Hill, SC
Shop Service Technician will be responsible for performing preventative and routine repairs on all DEUTZ and
Non-DEUTZ products, assigned equipment repairs, assembling new engine packages and pre-assemble fitted components in the production shop at the DEUTZ Power Center Southeast in Rock Hill, SC.
The individual in this position should be personable, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, intelligent and able to adapt to all the forces around them - customers, suppliers, department employees, co-workers and manufacturers employees.
- Ability to read follow design drawings
- Assemble engine packages from detailed assembly Bill of Materials
- Assemble engine packages regarding accuracy and quality.
- Install completed packages to shipping skids.
- Maintain production line equipment and keep work area clean.
- Ability to perform maintenance related repairs.
- Plan methods and sequence of performing repairs assigned
- Pre-Order all parts and materials required to perform assigned repairs
- Effect the repairs required in a safe and effective manner
- Ensure all repairs are completed as assigned
- Ensure the cosmetic appearance upon completion of repairs.
- Ensure all parts and materials not used are returned per Deutz or OEM return parts guidelines
- Maintain the work area in a clean and safe condition
- All failures identified are matched to solutions necessary to affect a repair
- Complete all work orders and time sheets in a timely manner
- Perform all work in accordance with all established policies and procedures
- Assist in the proper filing of warranty claims and/or customer invoices
- Other duties as assigned by branch management personnel.
- Shop Service Technician monthly invoice revenue Target is $20,000-$30,000+
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and or a minimum of two years Diesel engine experience
- Certification/Training in heavy equipment and/or diesel engine repairs preferred
- Working knowledge of DEUTZ Diesel engines.
- Strong working knowledge of electrical circuits and how to troubleshoot them.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Meet all local/state and company requirements to operate a company a vehicle.
- Excellent communication skill (writing, speaking in person and over the phone)
- Proficient in the use of basic computer functions and portable diagnostic tools
- DEUTZ Specialty Tools will be provided but you must provide/own General Technician Tools
Physical and Environmental Elements:
- Must be able to carry out repetitive tasks with a maximum degree of quality.
- Should be physically able to lift 20 lbs. regularly and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to operate a forklift and overhead crane.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other duties requested by the supervisor or manager.
This job description does not imply a written or oral contract.
3883 Steve Reynolds Blvd.
Norcross, GA 30093
C/O HR and Administration Dept.
Fax: (770) 564-7276
Tel: (770) 564-7100