Team Lead, Value Add Logistics - Pendergrass, GA
Perform duties related to engine components and finished goods movements within plant. Physically handle components (engine parts), operate various material handling equipment (Forklifts, hoists). Task and direct logistic team. Provides support to staff in all areas of logistics.
- Oversees and monitor receiving activities with parts and engines
- Manage and act on internal parts and engine shortages
- Oversees and monitor inter plant requests and transfers
- Schedule and dispatch outbound shipments
- Performs data entry functions related to stock put up, pull, and inventory movement
- Maintain inventory accuracy
- Track and report daily KPI metrics
- Troubleshoots and corrects any potential problems
- Perform audits related to Safety & Improvement
- Provides technical support to staff
- Provides training to staff
- Maintain a safe and well-organized work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum 3 years of warehouse experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading a team
- Experience using SAP software
- Lean Six Sigma Training preferred but not required
- Ability to read, understand and follow written and graphic instructions
- Knowledge of warehouse operations & procedures
- General SAP knowledge
- Skilled with using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to critically think and problem solve
- Ability to operate PIT’s
- Ability to multitask & perform all physical requirements
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Physical and Environmental Elements:
- Manufacturing/Warehouse environment. Subject to noise, dust, diesel fuel, oil, high temperatures in the Summer and low temperatures in the Winter. No HVA/C.
- Standard PPEs as facility requires- Steel Toe Shoes, Safety Glasses, earplugs where required
- Follow company COVID PPE requirements as stated by DEUTZ COVID Policy
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other duties requested by the supervisor or manager. This job description does not imply a written or oral contract.
3883 Steve Reynolds Blvd.
Norcross, GA 30093
C/O HR and Administration Dept.
Fax: (770) 564-7276
Tel: (770) 564-7100