Engine Assembler - Pendergrass, GA
Assemble DEUTZ remanufactured industrial diesel engines according to established procedure and instructions.
- Perform complete assembly of industrial engines while following all company instructions and guidelines.
- Use lift and hoist equipment to move engines and parts.
- Must strive for zero defects and zero safety incidents.
- Skillfully use hand, air and electric power tools in the assembly of engines.
- Skillfully use torque tightening tools such as torque wrenches and power angle drivers.
- Skillfully use typical measurement tools used in the assembly of engines: micrometers, calipers, indicators, and the like.
- Maintain attention to detail under varying circumstances.
- Maintain neat, clean, and safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS Education or equivalent
- Demonstrated technical aptitude
- Basic computer skills
- Previous experience in a manufacturing (assembly) environment preferred
- Previous knowledge with engines and components preferred.
- Good problem solving skills with the ability to focus on job at hand.
- Knowledge of manufacturing assembly methods.
- Knowledge of and experience in manufacturing environments.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Demonstrated integrity, drive, positive attitude, and passion for learning.
- Self-motivated and ability to work as a team member.
Physical and Environmental Elements:
- Manufacturing environment including diesel engine workshop, machine shop, engine teardown area and Parts Warehouse. Continuous exposure to engine manufacturing environment. No HVAC, subject to extremes in temperature during summer and winter months.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other duties requested by the supervisor or manager.
This job description does not imply a written or oral contract.
To apply please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job opening you are applying to in the subject line.