Logistics Team Lead - Pendergrass, GA
A subject matter expert in the front-line activities and process of an area such as assembly, disassembly, machining, quality, or logistics. Team Leads will be required to motivate, train, and develop front line staff. Team Leads will be instrumental in both modeling and driving the Deutz AG values of business to include, safety, passion, a pioneering spirit, valuing knowledge, and taking ownership. They will assist in mentoring and coaching employee talent while driving continuous improvement in our processes.
- Will act as a key member in building and promoting a safe work environment and culture
- Perform and participate in safety improvement audits weekly
- Lead, train, and coach manufacturing front line staff to ensure requirements are met for production, quality, and employee safety
- Consistently lead and model the Deutz AG values among team
- Effectively communicate, motivate, and develop front line staff
- Assist in monitoring performance of production staff
- Track and report KPI’s of production areas
- Ensure production goals and quality standards are met on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Initiate and assist in driving process improvements
- Execute and lead in 5S responsibilities
- Ensure that staff members are adhering to company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of warehouse/logistics or leadership experience required
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma training preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Able to effectively communicate in a group setting
- Knowledgeable and skilled using mechanical tools
- Skilled and able to critically think and problem solve
- Ability to multitask & perform all physical requirements
- Skilled with using Microsoft Office Suite (Work, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Physical and Environmental Elements:
- Frequent, brief exposure to typical engine cleaning and manufacturing environments.
- Warehouse and dynamometer room environment. Subject to noise, dust, diesel fuel, oil. No A/C.
- Standard PPEs as facility requires- Steel Toe Shoes, Safety Glasses, earplugs where required.
- Follow company COVID PPE requirements as stated by DEUTZ COVID Policy.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other duties requested by the supervisor or manager.
This job description does not imply a written or oral contract.
To apply please send resume to; Applications must be submitted prior to.
3883 Steve Reynolds Blvd.
Norcross, GA 30093
C/O HR and Administration Dept.
Fax: (770) 564-7276
Tel: (770) 564-7100