Parts Specialist - Lansing, MI
Job involves all aspects of warehouse/front and back parts counter operations related to picking, packing, shipping, receiving, and storing materials as well as all other activities related to maintaining a high-quality work environment while providing an excellent level of customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Parts Specialist will be responsible for, but not limited to the following duties:
- Must have excellent phone skills.
- Receive and process customer parts order.
- Must provide excellent (internal and external) Customer Service.
- Assist in resolving customer related issues in a timely matter.
- Assist walk-in customers with part sales needs
- Must be familiar in all phases of warehouse operations and retail parts selling
- Daily housekeeping of warehouse/retail parts counter and service department parts counter
- Place orders for Engine/Parts stock following SAP guidelines
- Receive and stock freight in hard locations.
- Process, pack and ship customer orders.
- Assemble and stock modification kits.
- Process receiving documents; prepare Bill of Lading / Airway Billing.
- Prepare required paperwork and computer entries within SAP guidelines
- Pick parts/components from stock for production builds
- Perform weekly inventory cycle counts
- Perform annual parts inventory.
- Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Travel Demands: N/A
5 Main Required Drivers -
- Highly Self-Motivated
- Service Oriented
- Problem Solving
- Interest and Willingness to Learn
- Continuous Improvement
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Ability to operate a forklift
Customer Service oriented
Proficiently with Microsoft Office, especially Outlook and Excel
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
Read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Write and speak simple sentences.
Add and subtract two digit numbers and multiply/divide with 10's and 100's. Perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.