Service Sales Manager - Lansing, MI
The Service Sales Manager is responsible for increasing Parts Sales with existing accounts and prospecting for new accounts in their assigned territory. They solicit new business and maintain accounts through face-to-face and phone contacts, developing networks and industry contacts, promoting our value-added products and services and keeping customer satisfaction a priority.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Service Sales Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to the following duties:
- Actively promote service and parts sales in the assigned territory.
- Communicate parts orders and delivery instructions to counter people, while also coordinating with the service department on service work.
- Actively identify and develop new customer contacts to expand market share.
- Assist customers in solving problems and provide technical support.
- Act as a liaison between the customer and company as needed to ensure that the customer needs are adequately met.
- Keep abreast of new products, competition and pricing trends.
- Coordinate relationships with New and Used Equipment prospects.
- Promote the sale of parts and accessories and act as an advisor to wholesale or retail customers.
- In conjunction with Credit management, establishes method of payment on service and wholesale parts.
- Facilitate the set-up of a DEUTZ account with new customers to simplify doing business together.
- Follow up on and confirm customer requirements and orders to ensure satisfaction.
- Review special orders and pricing with manager for approvals.
- Deliver orders and pick-up returns from customers, as needed.
- Effectively and efficiently manage required reports and paperwork (budgets, travel, CRM, call reports, expense reports, time sheets, etc).
- Focus on Xchange engine and parts sales.
- Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: 1-2
Travel Demands: Anticipated domestic and international travel is approximately 10% depending on business needs.
5 Main Required Drivers -
- Highly Self-Motivated
- Service Oriented
- Problem Solving
- Interest and Willingness to Learn
- Continuous Improvement
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
3+ years recent/relevant experience with outside sales.
Experience in sales of parts or service in the engine or industrial equipment industries.
Must possess a valid driver’s license, be insurable by the company and can operate a company vehicle in accordance with all state and federal laws, company polices and guidelines.
Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
Read, analyze and interpret business, professional, technical or governmental documents. Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers and the public.
Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.