Territory Service and Operations Manager - Norcross, GA
Ensure that a quality infrastructure (Distributor/Dealer/OEM) exists to sell/support DEUTZ products (engines & parts). Administer DEUTZ programs and policies professionally and proactively (trained personnel, warranty claims, adequate product inventory levels, dealer development activities). Encourage the Distributors/Dealers/OEMs to be the best possible representatives of DEUTZ products.
- Represent DEUTZ products.
- Protect the integrity of the two-step distribution system established.
- Focus on being the service operations liaison between DEUTZ Corp, Distributors, and dealers in your A.O.R.
- Process /initiate/encourage Service Dealer sign-up, set-up, evaluation, and approval. Seek DEUTZ service partners that will support the direction of DEUTZ Corp.
- Assure other warranty related issues are properly administered and processed by the distributor. (Warranty documentation, a prompt inspection of failed parts and engines, failure reports). This activity could include negotiation on product-related matters (goodwill, retrofits, updates, campaigns).
- Report field activities and gather/refine ideas on how to improve DEUTZ products and policies.
- Conduct audits of the network service providers.
- Train and assist in the technical training of personnel at Distributors, Dealers, OEMs, Rental companies, and End Users.
- Handle all administrative issues in a business-like manner, including call reports, itineraries, expense reports, budgets, forecast and request from others for action or information.
- Pursue knowledge about our business, our products, our markets, and the customers we serve. Education is an on-going process.
- Possess professional product knowledge/financial fundamentals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical experience.
- Excellent verbal and presentation-based communication skills.
- Self-starter with the desire to grow both on the business and personal side.
- Sales experience a plus.
- Technical knowledge of engines, electronics, hydraulic systems, machinery.
- Computer skills (working knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel, Power Point and Lotus).
- Knowledge of two-step product distribution process.
- Technical writing ability.
- Ability to manage a territory and handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
Physical and Environmental Elements:
- This job involves a great deal of travel that is accomplished by flight on commercial airlines and driving. Requires visits to shops, exposure to running diesel engines & equipment. Some exposure to diesel fuel, lubricants, and anti-freeze agents.
- Standard PPEs as facility requires- Steel Toe Shoes, Safety Glasses, earplugs where required
- Follow company COVID PPE requirements as stated by DEUTZ COVID Policy
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. The employee will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other duties requested by the supervisor or manager.
This job description does not imply a written or oral contract.
3883 Steve Reynolds Blvd.
Norcross, GA 30093
C/O HR and Administration Dept.
Fax: (770) 564-7276
Tel: (770) 564-7100